Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Cars owned

Multiple Porsches

Yep will come back to you all

ken

Cars owned

Pork and stuff.

You may all recall I have had these on my 675 LT for over 2 years now, done 20 odd track days with them, had them refurbished once and good to run again. They are much better than the OEM equipment, by a huge margin, fitted with endless pads they last .... well ... forever almost.

I have had them fitted on my Senna already.

Can highly recommend.
    Last edited by Caravan Bloke; 5th June 2019 at 08:22 PM.
    If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

Cars owned

Lotus Exige V6 ex460, Speedster, Mercedes C-Class Wagon

Ken - would it be possible for them to make discs for my Exige? The lifespan of my discs is pretty awful with track miles due to cracking so ceramic discs would be a great upgrade, assuming theyíd work okay with PF or similar pads still?

Cars owned

Multiple Porsches

Quote Originally Posted by GFWilliams View Post
    Ken - would it be possible for them to make discs for my Exige? The lifespan of my discs is pretty awful with track miles due to cracking so ceramic discs would be a great upgrade, assuming theyíd work okay with PF or similar pads still?
    so there is a process available when they donít have a disc - they need the disc for 2 days to scan - then they take approx 2 weeks to produce - we are discussing this process as it is very similar to other companies like Kline they donít have that car.

There has to be a market of course but if there is a market then donor would get a good deal helping out.

Ill let you know

ken

Cars owned

Lotus Exige V6 ex460, Speedster, Mercedes C-Class Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Nineexcellence View Post
    so there is a process available when they donít have a disc - they need the disc for 2 days to scan - then they take approx 2 weeks to produce - we are discussing this process as it is very similar to other companies like Kline they donít have that car.

There has to be a market of course but if there is a market then donor would get a good deal helping out.

Ill let you know

ken
    Please do, I can get new discs sent to them if needed.

Cars owned

STO, previous hits: Aventador SV roadster, Huracan Performante, 430 Scuderia, Gallardo Performante

Can you provide a list of cars you (they) can already supply for along with an idea of initial cost? Iíd be potentially interested in some for my scud and perf...

Cars owned

Multiple Porsches

I am working closely with Tim who is the head of ST for the UK. Their website was updated a few days ago but still has makes and models that they have missing.

So during the next week there will be three things
    1. List of current makes and models with pricing
    2. List of work in progress of discs that they are making - for example I know they have the entire Mclaren range but it is not on their website and this includes the p1 and they are close to having pad solution for p1 other than oem.
    3. Process and timeframe for makes and models not currently supplied - as I understand this at the moment if there is demand, then if a donor set of discs is provided for 2 days, then they can produce the final product within 30 days.

Will keep you all updated but this is a moving project so please bear with me for answers. This is what I was alluding to in my post about them having the infrastructure in place - the issue has not been making the discs - they have a UK plant in Liverpool which is great, they just not had someone like Tim who can manage UK - he is very keen to get this up and running in weeks in terms of having a proper process in place and I am in conversation each day with him.

Cars owned

918, Carrera GT, GT3 Manual, Speciale, G63 and T50 on the way

P1 would be great. Pads are £8k and disks about £60k from memory
    My sexy pics here : https://instagram.com/woppum/

Cars owned

An old flat 4 A newer flat 6

Quote Originally Posted by Woppum View Post
    P1 would be great. Pads are £8k and disks about £60k from memory
    No brainer to go to ST for that and keep the originals in a box for resale time.

Cars owned

918, Carrera GT, GT3 Manual, Speciale, G63 and T50 on the way

How and why they are so much I canít fathom. Akibono seem to make brakes mostly for trains and planes I think
    My sexy pics here : https://instagram.com/woppum/