Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Cars owned

Honda S2000, Porsche 911sc

Yup, pretty much in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineexcellence View Post
    Dave I let Lee answer on the price as it depends on how long it should last. But I can tell you from personal experience now with several cars that have had the coating for the last two years. The benefit is several fold 1) Water does not stay as long on the car so the car will generally be cleaner - clearly if you are off roading then mud is not just going to fly off 2) From a cleaning perspective - any normal wash will bring the car back to its former glory. Frankly I never believed the hype until I saw the proof myself.

Look at the videos on my page - you can see why it works. The key thing is how long it lasts since if it only lasts 6 months it is not worthwhile imo. But I have the 5 year version on one car for two years now and it looks the same after washing.

http://www.nineexcellence.com/service/detailing.html

Cars owned

Default Gtechiq Crystal Serum - a Detailers perspective

Okay, this car has Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black. It was done six months ago. Itís been through our shitty weather without a wash for two weeks. I am going to do a regular valet on it using Gtechniq G Wash. and snow foam. Watch this space.

Coolest guy on S9ís...cooler than Iceman off Top Gun
    Cars owned

Speciale,P1,PistaPiloti, 964Turbo,992TS,Alfaholics, GT40,Integrale,LaFerrari,Elite 503,

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Detailing View Post
    Okay, this car has Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black. It was done six months ago. Itís been through our shitty weather without a wash for two weeks. I am going to do a regular valet on it using Gtechniq G Wash. and snow foam. Watch this space.

Can you video what happens when you just snow foam and rinse...interesting to see.....any car look immaculate after a wash in pictures so it doesn't really show much

Cars owned

Quote Originally Posted by JBakes View Post
    Can you video what happens when you just snow foam and rinse...interesting to see.....any car look immaculate after a wash in pictures so it doesn't really show much
    Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars owned

Porsche

I am truly speechless at the almost cult like following that Topaz has, I have seen a lot of their work 1st hand & it's ranged from good to horrendous, I wanted to send my car there as people were falling over themselves for their PPF services so I drove to Leeds to check out a 918 they had done, it was shocking so I went elsewhere.

PPF certainly has it's place, I cannot live without it!

Cars owned

Several...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    I am truly speechless at the almost cult like following that Topaz has, I have seen a lot of their work 1st hand & it's ranged from good to horrendous, I wanted to send my car there as people were falling over themselves for their PPF services so I drove to Leeds to check out a 918 they had done, it was shocking so I went elsewhere.

PPF certainly has it's place, I cannot live without it!
    To be clear I only use them on tricky cars that I feel they have done enough of and others may not have the experience on - otherwise i'd use the king of clingfilm himself on here - when i give them the tricky cars they seem to put there best guys on it

Cars owned

Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreakdave View Post
    To be clear I only use them on tricky cars that I feel they have done enough of and others may not have the experience on - otherwise i'd use the king of clingfilm himself on here - when i give them the tricky cars they seem to put there best guys on it
    I'm not here to just, merely passing on comment

I use paint shield, as ever, it's each to his own

Cars owned

Speciale,P1,PistaPiloti, 964Turbo,992TS,Alfaholics, GT40,Integrale,LaFerrari,Elite 503,

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    I'm not here to just, merely passing on comment

I use paint shield, as ever, it's each to his own
    I haven't used Nick Phelps (Not Tim) Knickers - because I normally need to do something last minute because I am disorganised, and Topaz can usually fit me in quickly. I have had great work from Topaz to be fair on 4 or 5 cars now.
    I think Nick is probably better, and cheaper, and everyone I know has been really happy with his results so I should give him a try - Thing is Topaz have just opened a second location in Bristol which is on my doorstep.

Cars owned

Okay done some video which I will upload later. This was a snow foam, two bucket wash and dry. No wax has been applied.

Cars owned

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Detailing View Post
    Okay done some video which I will upload later. This was a snow foam, two bucket wash and dry. No wax has been applied.

How's it beading?