Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Cars owned

Vanquish V12, FF Rangie Huracan LP580-2, M6 GC, Overfinch SVR, RS6 C7, Rangie Sport, R8 V10, 458,

I like that a lot. Not usually a hub fan but that looks great

Cars owned

This and that....mainly British and German.

Replacement box & papers can easily be sourced....

Cars owned

Aventador Range Rover sport Urban

is this still for sale???

Cars owned

720S, 675LT, RRSVR, JCWC #49, 560SEC, CivicR GrpN, 1098R, 996SPS & GSXR750WP

Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    Sorry being a watch guy, this is a pet peave of mine Nick. Why the interest in the boxes or papers with watches??? Does it make you feel secure if it has box and papers? Do you carry your box and papers around when you wear your watch?? LOL! It is a bit nuts but it seems a lot of the public have been conditioned into believing that boxes or papers maketh a watch. It does not. Anyway whatever.
    Here is an entertaining youtube video about "box and papers" from a White Stevie Wonder Jeweller
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hgm7xoVu3Q
    Alex,
    I think in general most who buy an expensive watch would prefer the whole bundle as with watches most good ones have a classy box from new and the papers must help if you were unlucky enough to lose one to a crime.

Aside of that, yes its just a box and mine are all safely tucked away together as I don't use them to keep the watches in.

In this instance though, I dont see a box being worth more than the watch so its fine without them of course 😂

Q for you. Do you buy a decent watch and then throw the box and papers away then ?
    I WONDER HOW MANY CHAMELEONS SNUCK ONTO THE ARK

Cars owned

watch can be easily verified by serial number by a call to hublot also! if it was a rolex id be worried as they seem to be papers/box Dependant

Cars owned

Viper ACR-E, F40, 959, Group B cars 993 RSCS, 360CS,924 GTSCS etc..

Quote Originally Posted by KnickeRS View Post
    Alex,
    I think in general most who buy an expensive watch would prefer the whole bundle as with watches most good ones have a classy box from new and the papers must help if you were unlucky enough to lose one to a crime.

Aside of that, yes its just a box and mine are all safely tucked away together as I don't use them to keep the watches in.

In this instance though, I dont see a box being worth more than the watch so its fine without them of course 😂

Q for you. Do you buy a decent watch and then throw the box and papers away then ?
    Well here's the thing Nick, although I won't knowingly throw a box and the warranty card away(because that is all it is) many times I don't remember exactly where the hell it is. I have 3 residences and don't always know wtf I put it! But also I have watches that I have bought that cost 6 figure sums and I have bought them without box and papers. I look at the watch, not the box and papers. What I am saying is that it doesn't stop me from buying a watch I really like, nor will it hinder me, I'm pretty sure, when the time comes to sell. Worse case scenario, for newer watches that were made in larger numbers you perhaps could just adjust the price a bit(maybe 10%). But in the end if a watch struggles or doesn't sell its not the box and warranty card that is the fault. Its the watch itself, ie condition as well as who you are buying it from. With some older watches and models within say Rolex, Omega and some Pateks there is a lot of funny business going on with alterations of the watches that no box and warranty card can ensure the watch is genuine!
    Anyway I'm sure we've digressed from OP! Hope the watch has found a new home in the meantime!
    Last edited by stradman; 9th May 2018 at 08:51 AM.

Cars owned

is this still for sale??

Cars owned

Speciale 675LT CGT GT3RS GT8 Dino TurboS Ginetta GT4 Exige Elise

Quote Originally Posted by Hewbie View Post
    is this still for sale??
    I’m guessing not as I sent a PM 7 days ago- a few hours after the post went live, and have heard nothing. Guess he sold it

Cars owned

720S, 675LT, RRSVR, JCWC #49, 560SEC, CivicR GrpN, 1098R, 996SPS & GSXR750WP

Quote Originally Posted by JBakes View Post
    I’m guessing not as I sent a PM 7 days ago- a few hours after the post went live, and have heard nothing. Guess he sold it
    Probably see Michael wearing it at Spa on Monday 😂
    I WONDER HOW MANY CHAMELEONS SNUCK ONTO THE ARK