Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Cars owned

Multiple Porsches

Quote Originally Posted by barchetta_boy View Post
    It did, here is the quote from the website

The first job is to cut the roof off, strip the interior, build and fit the cage.

I spent a lot of time going through the various alterations and points of detail that will take place. There were many nuances to discuss. The genuine factory clubport cars are steeped in legend but my man was the bodywork expert at Porsche for over 15 years and for the last 5 years there was the person who trained everyone else with all things bodywork. When it comes to Clubsports there are very few people on the planet who have as much detailed knowledge. Suffice to say that there are all sorts of specific minutiae that need to be addressed if one is trying to properly recreate an M003 exactly as it came out of the factory. To give you an appetiser, some of this stuff involves even specific angles at which the spraygun was held when boot floors, cages and underside panels were painted ..... the number and total length of weld spots when the cage was attached to the pillars. An anoraks wet dream !

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/m003.html

Also everything has been refreshed and set up recently whereas I would guess most or all of the 6 RHD RS CSs have been sitting in collections for years, so there is a high likelihood of suspension components needing to be refreshed etc.

Ken, is the owner of the 964 interested in a lovely black 12C Spider in trade in?

Joel
    Joel I will check but I actually think iirc that he has a McLaren. Will come back to you.

Cars owned

Multiple Porsches

Quote Originally Posted by Nineexcellence View Post
    Joel I will check but I actually think iirc that he has a McLaren. Will come back to you.
    Owner has just got back off holiday - he has a Mclaren already unfortunately.

Cars owned

McLaren

Cheers Ken, I had a sit in when dropping off my yellow 993. Stunning 918 in your place too!