Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Cars owned

Few Porsches, and others

Quote Originally Posted by footsoldier View Post
    I don't see the problem with overs at all.
    Never done it, but I would if really wanted to and no other option. If you're happy paying for it, so what? No-one gets hung up on list price for classics.

Don't even really mind if people want to flip their cars - it's a personal choice, and who knows what their reasons are. I do think you should only to do that once though, as others waiting.

If you know that it's one and done, and still go ahead then fair enough. Porsche is trying to make that happen now, although no doubt exceptions.
    Don't forget, there is good reason's as to why a car will command over its RRP. No coincidence that this GT3.2 has just won best drivers car.

Cars owned

FFRR, Lotus Evora GTS, Lotus 211 race car, 964, Capri 280, Defender, Renault ZOE, BMW K1300S

Quote Originally Posted by S1ARM View Post
    I just donít get the overs people pay for new cars.....itís just a bloody car!
    Overs are just saying the retail price is wrong, if you want one and canít get a new one, you have to pay overs

Cars owned

CLK Black, 996 RS, 488 GTB, 458 Speciale, 2016 Focus RS, Caterham 420R.

Now porsche want you to buy the run of the mill models to get a GT, you buy three, loose over £30k... Might aswell pay overs...

Not bitter though, no normal porsche customers wanted GT cars 7 years ago.... Now every man and his dog wants them....

Cars owned

991RS,997.1GT3,996Cup,77 Carrera 3,C450 AMG

Hmm, yes it would all be okay if these cars were all bought by enthusiasts and there are simply more of those than they can produce. But in reality the scarcity is created by individuals and companies (OPC's included) that make it their business to reserve cars before you or I get round to trying to buy one. Really no different than ticket touts.

Cars owned

Many Porsche, 1x Datsun, Many Audi, Many Merc, Few Ferrari, 1x BMW

Quote Originally Posted by Michelin View Post
    Hmm, yes it would all be okay if these cars were all bought by enthusiasts and there are simply more of those than they can produce. But in reality the scarcity is created by individuals and companies (OPC's included) that make it their business to reserve cars before you or I get round to trying to buy one. Really no different than ticket touts.
    For a few years that was the case, but don't you think that is about to be over. Over here GT and any other half special car is now easy to get again. My OPC still have a Mk2 GT3 in stock at list

Cars owned

991RS,997.1GT3,996Cup,77 Carrera 3,C450 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by 911viking View Post
    For a few years that was the case, but don't you think that is about to be over. Over here GT and any other half special car is now easy to get again. My OPC still have a Mk2 GT3 in stock at list
    Agree. Like LastMinute.com and currently bitcoin, once literally everybody starts doing it expecting to become millionaires it rings the beginning of the end. Especially in Holland there was this weird conviction it could only go up, but we now know that not to be the case. UK seems to still be a different case due to limited RHD supply and the very high number of wealthy people concentrated in and around London. I guess only a steep increase in interest rates would put a halt to the overs market in the UK.

Cars owned

991.2 Turbo S Range Rover Sport Range Rover Evoque

Very similar spec car now for sale at Top 555, price is POA.....

Cars owned

Ferrari,Porsche,Jag,VW,Renault, Peugeot

Quote Originally Posted by David I View Post
    Very similar spec car now for sale at Top 555, price is POA.....
    They were asking £179,950 and the car is sold.